This recipe came from a patient of ours who likes to experiment in the kitchen. These hit the mark when it comes to a sweet, satisfying dessert or snack. You won't believe how great they taste and how easy they are to make. And good luck resisting the urge to taste the batter before you cook them.
- 3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup erythritol (like Swerve), xylitol, or stevia to taste
- 1/4 tsp teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, sweetener and vanilla using an electric mixer.
- Pour wet ingredients slowly into dry ingredients and beat with mixer on low until combined and then blend in melted coconut oil.
- Roll a tablespoon of batter in your hand and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Press down slightly and dip the tops into more shredded coconut if desired.
- 7.Bake for 8-10 minutes.